'07 Sebring UNVEILED

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Chrysler doing???? The Sebring used to be a clean, good looking car. Now it just looks like everything else.

Why is everyone trying to out Japanese the Japanese?

that faux window line into the C-pillar is really terrible. It bugs me more than the general ION-ness of it and the Maxima rear window. They also need to reduce the amount of cut lines and striations by about half- it's like a 58 Olds with the chrome removed. All in all, a C.

I don't know what's up with all these huge headlights. They're out of proportion. The hood strakes are unfortunate. It's like a 300 had a forbidden tryst with a Crossfire, and incest is never good.

Here's the link posted in the blog with stats and more interior/exterior spy pics

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/avenger.html

Doesn't really matter though... The unveiling is apparently today.

All I have to say is... DCX had almost 4 years to perfect the Airflite styling and this is what they came up with?

As is the case with most everything Chrysler makes now, this new Sebring is just not quite right. It's awkward looking. I can't say that I hate it, but there is nothing about it so far, that excites me.

It used to be tailfins, but apparently now there is some kind of competition among automakers to put the biggest headlights on a vehicle.

wow. there isn't much else out there today that is UGLIER than that!.

it looks like they had 7 or 8 exterior designers, who didn't look at eachothers work. Just pieced their car pieces together, and called it "beautiful".

The interior is okay, looks very industrial! Why can't chrysler DO proper looking air-vents? why is that hard!?

I'd be downright embarassed.

I agree the headlights and taillamps aren't great-are the Chrysler guys SURE they were looking at the Airflite concept car when designing? Technical specs, more pictures, and a press release are on AutoWeek now. This lost trunk space-from a respectable 16.2 to a ghastly 13.6 cubic feet-who were they imitating when it comes to trunk space, the Mitsubishi Galant? The side looks nice, but content/trunk space/oddball taillamp/headlamp rounding shape disappoints.

I think it will be a knockout. Great interior, too. Glad it's not another midsized lightly styled jellybean car.

:idhitit:

I've seen worse, but not much worse...it looks like they tried to make it look elegant and expensive, but then had a change of heart and tried to make it look affordably expensive and the design got screwed up in the process. The lines in the hood look stupid as well. Looks more like a Crossfire sedan than anything.

The interior is interesting-very angular. I like the backlights on the gauges.

Much like the 300 the design seems to be polarizing, you either love it or hate it. Hopefully there are enough potential buyers out there that love it. The slick features of the interior seem cool though, and maybe you have to see it in person like many of today's designs to really like it?

Guest YellowJacket894

I don't think it's bad. It's okay.

But, then again, this could be Chrysler's first compact car sales distaster since Virgil Exner got his grubby little hands on the '50s Lancer, etc.

Edited by YellowJacket894

yech. my 500 mated with a mazda 6 hatchback, and the Ion and the avalon tailights were off in the corner taking care of themselves while watching. The heinous Azera looks like an Audi in comparison.

wow, what a blob. But Dollar has a new car to push at the airports now.

Dig that awesome BMW 3 series side swoosh! What flattery! Does every frickin car today need a Bangle treatment?

The Charger and this Sebring are big time styling disasters. Sometimes you like the idea of a fat chick, but these do not do the car BBW look well at all.

The interior looks cheap on this thing too even though the dash design itself isn't bad. they really picked some cheap climate controls.

I am SO tired of the 'chrome ring around the shifter' bit. MEH! does everything need to be so cliche?

Edited by regfootball

I think modern car designers are running out of ideas.  Most everything that has been introduced lately has been a rehash of this or a look alike that or retro mixed with modern. Like the acting and movie industry, the automotive scene hase pretty much dried up on new ideas.

yup

Actually, a closer look, Daewoo Tosca.

Posted Image

I'm glad that someone else caught the similar headlight cluster :P I think it might be better looking in person, but I agree with all of you that it seems rather bland and the hood strakes or streaks or whatever, either way it slid out of some hole, do look unecessary...but, as always, thats my prerogative (yes I did spell that right even if I mispelled other things in this comment :P)...my personal opinion if you will

The only thing attractive about this vehicle is the interior. I like that it mimics many of the styling cues from Honda and other Asian makes. Whether or not the materials will be as good as required remains to be seen but it at least it has the appearance of belonging to an expensive car. The exterior is still ugly even with the new photos. It's like the Chrysler design team wanted it to be a hatchback but decided against adding the fifth door well into the design process. Then, they ran out of time and money to fix the odd roofline. The rest of the vehicle is very uneven and like some people have said, busy. That makes me surprised that the interior is so tasteful and conservative.

Oh.. and the interior is much nicer then the Aura's.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Okay--so, exterior not so amazing... HATE the hood. Interior not bad... chilled cup holders, ROCK ON!

It'll sell, but I think personally the Aura is a better choice.

Half and half. The front is soft like the last-gen Malibu and it looks too much like that Daewoo. The ribbed hood is horrible but I'll give it to DCX for trying something different. The sides look like a ripped off last-gen Benz. The rear is alright but I get an Avalon and WRX vibe. It seems like both ends were designed separately from each other.

The interior, on the other hand, looks awesome. Based on other DCX interiors, though, I'll say the materials are not up-to-par.

Edit: spelling and the interior is definately better than the Aura design-wise.

Edited by sciguy_0504

I like the new Sebring it is not round and organic like so many cars now that lack character.

I was looking at the new Aura but not one in my city only Saturn can do warranty work so its out of the picture.

The new Altima and 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP are on my list as ell as this now.

Keep in mind I'm a Chrysler fan here and I want to reserve judgement until I see the thing in person...but:

I like the interior, at least the Limited level shown in the pictures. I see wood trim on the doors and dash--WOOHOO!!

The ass of the car looks like...well, ass. Dig those Corolla taillights on steroids. Yuck.

And c'mon, even the Hyundai Sonata's optional 3.3L V6 offers 235 HP! Accord is at 244 HP and the Altima is 260 HP. Chrysler needed to leapfrog right over these cars and should have used the new 4.0L V6 bound for the Pacifica and minivans. But maybe this is CAFE standards rearing their ugly heads?