toyoguy

8th gen civic

82 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, but no.

Is the screen standard even if you don't get NAV? It's going to have a lot of blank space if it's not. The other pic of the interior I saw was tan, black, silver, and dark gray, which looked really bad. It also had a horrible two-spoke steering wheel which was far worse than the one pictured (which is pretty fugly).

I agree, the two-spoke wheel was pretty nasty. It looks to me like a warped '06 Accord, which could be good to some...not so good to me. The coupe looks like it's trying way too hard to be an RSX/IS clone, with more than a bit of Ion in the front and an awkward interior layout. Edited by El Scorcho

It's pretty ugly...the interior looks busy and most of it just screams cheap.

What a strange interior. Notice how the outside mirriors are attached directly on the side of the doors where they used to be on old cars.

The other pic of the interior I saw was tan, black, silver, and dark gray, which looked really bad. It also had a horrible two-spoke steering wheel which was far worse than the one pictured (which is pretty fugly).

[post="295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

hybrid most likely

I think it looks like a saturn in the front on a couple of pics, but not too bad. Nav is a nice touch

[post="324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

manual trans, speed is likely on the above display

doesnt matter what it looks like, it will sell. its a honda civic, there is an AUTOMATIC market for it. unfortunately there are few GM cars this can be said for.

I look at it and I think of the concept car for the dodge stratus, seriously... I don't know if I am wrong or not, but it is certainly cab forward design, now that Chrysler abondened it, Honda embraces it!

They went for the futuristic Knight-Rider interior and it comes off as weird and in a way cold. I see small cars like the Corolla, Cobalt, 3, etc. etc. benefiting from this miscalculation.

This new Civic should set the standard yet again for small cars. The interior looks great! Made of high quality materials and adventorous in design. I really like the above steering wheel, but the other two-spoke one, well I hope that's just for the hybrid, cause it's pretty wierd. I still don't like the design, but it's gotten a lot better, and the two door is very sweet. Cobalt will be, sadly, left behind. It will have to sell on value, yet again a case of GM being too short-sighted to really engineer and design the hell out of a vehicle. This interior looks very well made and fits in perfectly with the market it is appealing to. This will be the best car in the class easily. And rear seat space should improve on the old Civic (which is better than the Cobalt already) since it's gonna get bigger.

Honda is being more adventurous in the sheetmetal department. It's unfortunate that the sedan isn't particularly attractive. The odd proportions do not help.

I certainly see nothing ground breaking here. The civic lost quite a bit of it's enthusiast rep in recent years and sales have been on the decline overall IIRC. The koreans are eating heavily into this segment and the civic needs to be top-shelf & get back to it's roots to try and rebuild that; I don't see the funky bloated details on this one getting the job done.

Futuristic is a good word for it. I'm not so sure thats what Civic drivers really want. The interior certainly is not better than anything in its class...exterior styling is an improvement (which isn't saying much) but it may be too "out there" for the average import buyer. Of course what do I know...they do buy elements and Scions.

the futuristic look of it will make the hybrid version compare well to the prius. i like the sedan side view. the interior is busy (nods to Josh). still very 'rice, 2050'

It looks huge, and Honda once said "no big cars". The front looks like a Saturn L series. Anyway, it's not as bad as the 7th gen, the nerdiest ever.

What is it with the Audi knockoffs for tailights on the sedan? First Audi, then Saab and now Honda Civic. It makes you wonder if the same designer got hired at all three. And this cab forward thing is dated looking. Look at the base of the windshield how far over the front wheels it goes...yikes.

doesnt matter what it looks like, it will sell.  its a honda civic, there is an AUTOMATIC market for it. unfortunately there are few GM cars this can be said for.

[post="422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the Impala's market is automatic. And if there was a Camaro, folks would get right on it...

As far as that Civic, if they brought the hatchback here also, then we'd know Honda was serious.