G8 Teaser

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It DOES look like a new logo!

And, this car is handsome and subtle, if boring.

I'll take boring and rather handsome over tacky and gawky (G6 GXP) anyday.

Wow... I love it. A+++

I can't beleive we went 9 posts before someone noticed the new Pontiac Logo.

It's been a half cetury since the Pontiac logo was reworked as the Arrowhead.

The new logo looks great, silver, and maybe a little changes. redesigning the logo.....comes at the right time, the current one is tired and wouldn't look great on the new car, it just looks like it needed to be brought into the new century. and it's greatly symbolic to have it on the new G8. I'm not sure how the look of this car is going to turn out, but I like what Ted said, it has potential. I know a lot of us are waiting with baited breath, but I think it's time to take a look at the greater scope of things.....it is incredible and so overdue that Pontiac is getting this great car that symbolizes what Pontiac should stand for, stealth, tension/agression, unrivaled performance..., incredible that GM is even releasing a car of this caliber here in America, which when it comes out will literally be one of the best sedans every produced by GM....., incredible that Pontiac and GM were both written off for dead by so many news stories, here is your redemption, here is your time to give a big F U to the journalists and public at large that believed GM could not do it...with every new popular design car that GM releases to the public, they have a new shot at fame. That's what we all fought for for so many years in the early part of this decade; all the bitching paid off, and it's finally coming to fruition. As they said, 2007 and 2008 will be the year of the car for GM. Just imagining the Camaro driving around town, looking all futuristic, tough and loud, with its big wheels and size-defying Hot Wheels look...it's going to do something tremendous for GM, make them cool again, give them life again.

I was thinking about this because of the story about GM confirming this car and making such a big fuss about it. BRAVO! This car deserves all they hype you can throw on it! For GM to show it to the public now, maybe 9 months before its arrival [hopefully sooner], and just surprise the public, BRAVO! For them to choose that beautiful dark gray color, along with the right set of wheels, BRAVO!

BRAVO, for making a big deal out of this. GM's lineup is fleshing out, they need to do a commercial soon, once the Camaro is a few months out, linking all their new cars together, but starting with individual cinemtography of each car setting the paces, showing thier unique character, with high adrenaline angles, shooting, and driving. Shoot the commercials in the same style so that all the cars are clearly linked, do one for G8, for Camaro, CTS, Malibu, Aura, Astra. Focus on CARS, don't truck it up, and muddy the image of what these cars represent. A whole new thinking at GM.

They did pretty much nothing but split the grill in half and stick an arrowhead in the middle. Not even the wheels are new. I know that's what we were to expect, but it still irritates me. The Pontiac design heratage is being muddied up. The Commodore is a good looking car, it's just not Pontiac.

Edited by Zulehan

The short clip confrimed IT WILL BE AT CHICAGO! Good news for me b/c I plan on going!

it says it in the clip? i want to see it but only sound is played :( if it's there, that will be so sweet!

I have no problems with the car or the front end. It looks like A Pontiac grille. They made a little investment. I hope it pays off. The front end reminds of Pontiacs of the past(that is a good thing). I looked at the newscast, and it was interesting. GM is having to globalize. If Buick and Pontiac become the American Holden so be it. Saturn is already the American Opel/Vauxhall.

I will add this:

GM China is getting a new Statesman and I am sure they are going to put the Chinese Buick touch to it. They will produce it there. Will we benefit or get to see the Statesman stateside??

I have no problems with the car or the front end. It looks like A Pontiac grille. They made a little investment. I hope it pays off. The front end reminds of Pontiacs of the past(that is a good thing). I looked at the newscast, and it was interesting. GM is having to globalize. If Buick and Pontiac become the American Holden so be it. Saturn is already the American Opel/Vauxhall.

I will add this:

GM China is getting a new Statesman and I am sure they are going to put the Chinese Buick touch to it. They will produce it there. Will we benefit or get to see the Statesman stateside??

Not this time, the Lucerne is too new. Good chance that if the Chinese Buick sells well enough then the next model will be a joint project, otherwise there will be a US-only model on the lwb platform.

Looks like Pontiac has its old-school grille back along with a RWD sedan. Congrats GM on delivering on your promises.

Looks good with these style changes. Obviously the new Holden and Pontiac design themes(excluding the Solstice) are close enough that it doesn't require too many changes to the look of the Commodore to make it look like a Pontiac.

The Commodore SS is a nice looking blandmobile, just like the Monaro/GTO. I'm not talking about the performance aspects of the car and it does have a nice interior, but if the G8 is just going to be this car with a Pontiac grille, I'm totally underwhelmed.

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm loving this. Much better than I thought going by those photos. Plenty of potential yet plenty of aggression and stealth as is. The new logo is hot.

Hmmm, something about it looks vaguely familiar...

You know, the grilles are like those on the Dream Cruise GTO concept. Hmmmm . . .

it looks like a prev 2 generations ago 3-series. but that's my favorite bmw.

Second... Looks like a mid-90's BMW to me. It's a good, sleeper look that I happen to like, and I look forward to seeing many more pics.

Looks good. The wheels are different and I don't think everyone's going to like them, so I hope they offer more choices (on the GTO for the first year there were no options for wheels, you got what it came with). Hopefully the price is similar to the GTO, too.

The new logo looks great, silver, and maybe a little changes. redesigning the logo.....comes at the right time, the current one is tired and wouldn't look great on the new car, it just looks like it needed to be brought into the new century. and it's greatly symbolic to have it on the new G8. I'm not sure how the look of this car is going to turn out, but I like what Ted said, it has potential. I know a lot of us are waiting with baited breath, but I think it's time to take a look at the greater scope of things.....it is incredible and so overdue that Pontiac is getting this great car that symbolizes what Pontiac should stand for, stealth, tension/agression, unrivaled performance..., incredible that GM is even releasing a car of this caliber here in America, which when it comes out will literally be one of the best sedans every produced by GM....., incredible that Pontiac and GM were both written off for dead by so many news stories, here is your redemption, here is your time to give a big F U to the journalists and public at large that believed GM could not do it...with every new popular design car that GM releases to the public, they have a new shot at fame. That's what we all fought for for so many years in the early part of this decade; all the bitching paid off, and it's finally coming to fruition. As they said, 2007 and 2008 will be the year of the car for GM. Just imagining the Camaro driving around town, looking all futuristic, tough and loud, with its big wheels and size-defying Hot Wheels look...it's going to do something tremendous for GM, make them cool again, give them life again.

I was thinking about this because of the story about GM confirming this car and making such a big fuss about it. BRAVO! This car deserves all they hype you can throw on it! For GM to show it to the public now, maybe 9 months before its arrival [hopefully sooner], and just surprise the public, BRAVO! For them to choose that beautiful dark gray color, along with the right set of wheels, BRAVO!

BRAVO, for making a big deal out of this. GM's lineup is fleshing out, they need to do a commercial soon, once the Camaro is a few months out, linking all their new cars together, but starting with individual cinemtography of each car setting the paces, showing thier unique character, with high adrenaline angles, shooting, and driving. Shoot the commercials in the same style so that all the cars are clearly linked, do one for G8, for Camaro, CTS, Malibu, Aura, Astra. Focus on CARS, don't truck it up, and muddy the image of what these cars represent. A whole new thinking at GM.

So making the logo silver instead of red is bringing it into the new century? WHOA!! Anyway this doesn't seem that great, imo. Just a pontiac face on an already bland car(remember GTO?).